
Alicia and Emma at Red Robin (they are getting so big)

After dinner we walked around Tempe Marketplace and went to see the big Christmas tree. After seeing the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, no tree gives me that same awe feeling but this tree was very nice and fit in with the surrounding decor.


Christmas dinner was so much fun. I had my whole family together and two good friends that I haven't seen in a long time. I also got to eat my mom's cooking which I have missed terribly. Everything was just amazing. I got to play with Cooper a little bit, hold Easton, and enjoy all the various conversations with my family. During the latter part of dinner Jesse came over and joined in the crazy family conversations. After dinner was finished my family began our mini version of Christmas. I gave everyone my presents. The main person receiving presents was Cooper, surprise surprise. Easton also got his fair share of Christmas presents from me. I loved watching Cooper having so much fun opening his presents. I got him a bunch of clothes and movies. I also got him this really cool gift that I would recommend for any kids who loves art and drawing. I got one for Will, Cooper, Emma, and Alicia. I even enjoy playing with it. It is the Crayola Color Explosion Glow Board. He loved everything.

It was great and I got a huge hug and a kiss afterwards that makes everything that much better. My biggest gift that I gave was Guitar Hero Aerosmith for the Wii. My family was getting the Wii for Christmas and I wanted to get something for everyone so I thought this would be something everyone could enjoy. Funny thing is that it was supposed to be my Christmas but I didn't open any presents that night. It was more of a night for me to give my presents. We all did our sibling gift exchange but Mandi, who had me, she hadn't gotten me something yet. In her defense, I was a little picky in what I wanted and she hadn't found the one thing I wanted. I honestly didn't mind. I think I am at that age when I don't care if I get anything, I would rather give away gifts.
After the opening of the gifts I went back to hang out with my friends. While we were opening gifts, Jeff came over to join the festivities. I love having my family and friends all together. It is such a blessing to have so many people you care about and who care about you. I get that in New York but not even close to the amount that I get at home. My two best friends from New York, Lissa and Sarah, who just happen to be sisters and are also from Arizona happened to be in Arizona the same time I was home visiting and they also came over to visit. Sarah was only home for a short time and had a lot of people to see so she was only able to stay for a little while but Lissa was able to stay for a while. The story of all of us are a little confusing but I will try to explain it. I met Becca at church sometime in January but we didn't really hang out til later. Becca was my first real friend in New York, that sounds like I was a loner and for the first couple of months, I kind of was. Yes it is sad but I was okay, I was still in awe of living in the city and enjoyed it very much. On Easter Sunday Becca and I were in church and before Sunday School Becca had to go to the bathroom. She asked me to go with her, I never go with other girls to the restroom anymore and I have no idea why I went with her but on our way their we met Krista. It was her first week in the city and she didn't know anyone. She came and sat with us and we all got to know each other a little better. I was off the whole day which was a miracle in and off itself, so I had planned to spend Easter with Becca and some of her friends I had never met. We invited Krista along with us since she didn't know anyone yet and I would feel bad if she spent Easter alone. Becca's friends lived in the Bronx and together we were all brave enough to go to the Bronx. I had never been there before and I will be honest saying I was a little scared. One of the friends I met that night was Lissa. That was the first time I met Lissa and I didn't run into her again until about July. Like I said before Becca left in March/April and Krista left in June so by the end of June I was alone once again. I knew people in the ward and had some acquatinces but I wouldn't call anyone a friend...until I ran into Lissa at church one Sunday. After that we started hanging out quite often. Then sometime in August, Sarah, Lissa's sister came to "visit" for a couple months. Sarah liked it so much she decided to move here. For a while she didn't have a job so we were able to do a lot during my days off, now she has a job so I now have time to do all the things I always pushed off to do the fun things. Okay so that was a really long story but I wanted you to realize that all of these people came into my life at exactly the right moment and I probably would not still be here if not weren't for them. I honestly feel that I was meant to meet all of these wonderful women and they became a part of my life at just the right moments. That night with my four best friends from New York and some of my Arizona friends and my family all under that same roof was pretty much a miracle. It was basically putting all of my favorite people in one place. All it needed was my New York family (AKA the family I work for). These are pictures of my NY friends...



Goodbye Lissa. London is lucky to have you! (I forgot to mention that Lissa is leaving New York and moving to London to go to school)I have more to tell but this was getting long so I am going to break it into 2 posts. Sorry for taking so long but there is so much to talk about. I really am trying to catch up.

1 comment:
You wanted to get up and move around that Sunday as well....the meeting was so long that day!!! I am so glad that we got to see you this Christmas and I can't wait until we can see you this summer....Vegas maybe?
Post a Comment