Sunday, January 11, 2009

Central Park in the fall

In Arizona you basically have two seasons, an extremely hot season and a really nice/cool season. In New York I have come to appreciate all four seasons for all their differences. If I had to choose which season I like best it would be fall. Each season is wonderful and beautiful in their own way. Winter is too cold but when it snows it is beautiful, spring is too rainy but I love Spring flowers, summer is too humid but extremely green, and fall is so colorful and just amazing.

The best place to see the colors of fall in New York City is Central Park. A friend of mine and I took a long walk through the park and enjoyed looking at all the amazing colors of the trees. We had just taken our trip up to Maine to see all of those colors but it was fun to see them in our own city. These are the pictures...


Sarah and I called this tree "Bubble Gum Tree"








This was a wild turkey inside Central Park (this is either the second time I have seen this turkey or there are two turkeys in Central Park). I wonder if they made it through Thanksgiving.

Squirrels are everywhere in Central Park, this one just looked really cute.

Sarah and I on top of Belveder Castle


I love Central Park probably during all the seasons. Just last Saturday it snowed and I got to see it covered in the whitest snow. It was so beautiful!! The snow covered branches and in areas where no one had walked it was so smooth and fresh. There really isn't very many things as beautiful as fresh snow in the trees.

No comments: