Friday, May 30, 2008

The Wedding, Rhode Island and more...

I have to apologize for not updating this as much as I should. I am definitely a slacker in this area. I try to write on my days off but always fine something else to do. I am going to try to write more often but it would help if I knew I had readers...
The weekend after I got home, my boss's sister got married and Will was the ring bearer. He was definitely the cutest ring bearer I have ever seen. I got to go to help him out since my boss was in the wedding party as the Matron of Honor and was busy with that. I had a great time. I got to witness my first Jewish wedding. After the ceremony we sat down for lunch. It wasn't that great of food. Luckily, Will didn't want to sit down and eat either so I got to run around with him, well run around as much as I could in heels and a dress. After the lunch there was a lot of dancing and then it was time for the bride and groom to leave. As they were leaving we got to throw little white hearts that we biodegradable (I thought that was really cool). They are a lot better than the traditional rice that is actually banned from some places. The whole place was decorated in flowers, it was beautiful. The colors were cream and green. I can't describe the green used but I loved the combination. The whole wedding was fantastic and I was happy I could be there.

The following Tuesday, my friend, Krista, and I left for Newport, RI. We were supposed to be gone by 830 am but it took me almost an hour just to get the car and another half hour to get to her apartment to pick her up. We got to Newport a little after noon and the first thing we did was go sailing. It was so much fun. I am definitely going to go back again. Newport is like the unofficial sailing capital of the world. There were sailboats everywhere. I got to steer/drive/sail (whatever you would call it) the boat. It was so amazing. I love Newport and I can't wait to go back. Below are some pictures during our sailing trip.

The sail.

It was freezing and my little jacket I brought wasn't good enough so I had to borrow this HUGE jacket from the boat. It kept my warm though. :)

Me at the wheel. Watch out!

After we went sailing, we went shopping at some of the nearby stores and then went for a drive on a road called the Ocean Drive. These are some pictures below of our drive.

After our drive we checked into our hotel. Once we checked in we changed and went out to dinner. There was an Old Navy near the restaurant and I wanted to look for some shirts. I bought 4 news shirts and 2 undershirts and none of them were black or brown and if you know me, you know that is a little unbelieveable.

The next day we went on a tour of the mansions in Newport. The mansions are all from the Gilded Age and are amazing. Every mansion we went into you had to stop yourself from drooling and keeping your mouth from dropping to the floor. They were all so incredible. We were only able to make it to 3 of them this trip but were planning to go to 2 others later this year. (Krista just left so I have to find someone else to go with). If you want to read more about them go to http://www.newportmansions.org/. It is worth taking a look. A lot of the houses were built by the Vanderbilt family. One of the houses, I can't remember which one was worth $11 million back in like 1880. Just imagine what that would be worth now... Below are some pictures of the outside of the mansions I saw.

This is the Rosecliff Mansion


The backyard of the Rosecliff Mansion, I would love this view and this space. You could fit anything you wanted in this backyard.

Another view of the backyard that shows just how large this back yard is.

The Marble House

The backyard of the Marble House. I would love this backyard but would hate to mow it.

This is a tea room that is located in the backyard of the Marble House. As you can tell it is designed with an asian theme.

This is the Chateau-sur-Mer (translation house by the water). However, it really isn't near the water. When it was built you could look out the windows and see the ocean but now there are houses and trees blocking that view.

The Rhode Island bridge.

If you are ever in the Northeastern United States, I definitely recommend going to Newport.

Work is going great. I am still loving the city. The humidity hasn't been so bad and it has actually been pretty cool lately. I love being able to go outside and have a nice cool breeze. I'm loving it. This week the weather has been in the low 70's and high 60's. Sorry for those who live in AZ, I heard it has been in the 110's. Stay cool!

I started writing this blog a couple weeks ago and I don't remember what the more... was but maybe I will remember in my next blog. I think I wrote this in one of my past blogs but I have a website that you can view all of my pictures, it is http://picasaweb.google.com/JeniLynn5. Also, here is my address some people have been asking for it so I thought I would post it again.

PO Box 593 New York, Ny 10028

Please leave me a comment or email (Jenirudd@aol.com) me about anything and everything. Love you all and hope you are all doing well.

XOXO,

Jeni

2 comments:

Tassi Smith said...

Those homes are so beautiful. It sounds like you are really living it up in the North. Let me know if you ever head down to the South.

Tisdale Family said...

You sound like you are having the time of you life out there. Next time you are in town let me know so we can do lunch or something!

Love you!

Whit