Friday, February 13, 2009

**UPDATE**

I wanted to quickly update everyone when I will be coming home. I had planned to come home in May and I told my boss this last Monday that I was planning to leave to go back to AZ at that time so I can go back to school and be with my family. She was very sad to see me go and I think I little shocked but she understands and she always knew I would leave sometime. The reason I told her so soon was because her personal assistant, Annalie, will be leaving in March. She recently got married and moved farther upstate and the commute is taking it tolls. Annalie has been with the family for over 4 years and she feels it is "just time" for her to move on to something new. My boss was starting to interview people for Annalie's position and I wanted her to know prior to interviewing so she would be aware that I was also leaving so she could plan accordingly. It was very hard to tell her I was leaving. I feel like they are family and they feel the same way. I wish I could have both, my New York family and my real Arizona family. My boss actually asked me if my family would move to New York. I then asked her if they would just move to Arizona. Of course both of those scenarios aren't going to happen and so my time in New York comes to an end. Or so I thought...

Later that day my boss wanted to talk to me again. I didn't know what it was about but I assumed it was about me leaving. She started out saying she understands why I am leaving and she doesn't want to pressure me into saying but she offered me the personal assistant job. I would work as her assistant while William is in school and after school I would be Will's nanny and on the weekends. This all happened on Monday and I am off Tuesday and Wednesday. She said to think it over and let her know Thursday. She emphasized that she does not want to pressure me into saying but just had to ask because she wants me to stay. I told her I understand I never once felt pressured to stay. After thinking over the pros and cons I have decided to stay until later this year. We haven't talked details yet but I will probably stay until early November. I would like to be home by Thanksgiving.

I miss everyone back home but I will be home soon enough. It is only about 9 months until I will be home for good and I will probably never move outside Arizona again. I am also thinking about taking a couple online courses to ease my way into school so I don't lose a whole semester. I can't wait to come home and have a huge party to see everyone again.

No comments: