Live in the Hamptons is great for the rich & famous but definitely not for the employees for the rich and the famous. The Hamptons is comprised of Southhampton, Bridgehampton, Sag Harbor, Amagansett, East Hampton (which is where I lived), and some other small towns. I used to think that the Hamptons were one big city but it is a huge section of the eastern tip of Long Island called the South Fork. The people who live in the Hamptons are basically all the rich and famous from New York City. Anybody who is somebody has a house or rents a house in the Hamptons. The season in the Hamptons really starts in August and ends right around Labor Day. We spent most of the weekends of June and July in the Hamptons and all of August in the Hamptons. It is so crowded during the month of August. Since I have my car here now, I drove back and forth from the city to the Hamptons every week. I absolutely loved it. The drive was beautiful plus it gave me a chance to use my car and just drive.
The Hamptons would be a great place to be if you had money or just went to visit. East Hampton is where I spent most of my time. The town is a quaint little beach town. It isn't like California where everyone is easy going and it doesn't matter what you wear. In the Hamptons, I almost thought it was comical the way some people dressed. There were the guys who wore the sweaters draped over their shoulders, some ladies who wore a cover up over their swim suit with high heels, and almost everyone wore white or off white all the time. It was just plain weird. I personally didn't like it. If you know me, you know I really don't care about fashion, I wear what I like and what feels comfortable. Anytime I went to the beach or into town I felt so underdressed all the time.
The beach we go to most often is Main Beach, it is one of the best beaches in the country. It is a great beach but I was never really able to enjoy it because I was always working. During the summer months, they have a lifeguard on duty, snack bar, bathrooms, and we had a locker to keep all of our beach toys in (which was nice to have so we didn't have to lug all the toys everytime we went to the beach). We went and played in the sand and sometimes got in the water. Once we went to play in the sand, the plan was just play in the sand so I didn't wear a swimsuit, I was in capri pants. I brought a swimsuit for Will if he wanted to get his feet wet or something. We were making a sand castle and the sand was too dry so Will wanted water from the ocean. I changed him into a swimsuit so he could go get water. We went to the water and he was waiting for the waves to come in so he could get water into his little bucket. He was so cute, he would bend over and just wait there for the wave to come, but when it did he would freak out and run away. It was so funny. I was able to stay dry until one big wave came in and he was a little to far out and the wave knocked him over and took his bucket back in the ocean. He was fine, he was actually laughing but then he realized his bucket was in the ocean. I was already wet from going in after him so I waited for the next big wave to bring the bucket back to the shore and I grabbed it. I was wet from the thighs down, it was not fun because now the sand stuck to me everywhere, but Will and I had a great time laughing about it.

This is the building where the snack bar and lockers are located. This picture was taken in October so everything was closed.
This was taken during August, the peak season for the Hamptons. There are always too many people there.
The Lifeguard stand at Main Beach.
The town of East Hampton is such a quaint and gorgeous town. I loved it because it is so cute and clean. The stores are all way too expensive but it was fun to window shop. They have all the major designers from NYC. It was as if someone took part of Fifth Avenue and placed it in East Hampton. Since everyone who lived out there is at least a millionaire or billionaire the prices for almost everything were so much higher than most places. I thought Manhattan was expensice until I came here. There is the nice little pond on the way to town that has swans in it and sometimes ducks. It was so pretty and then a little bit farther down is a small cemetery, which I thought was a little strange having a cemetery there but the graves have been there for probably over 200 years.
So, we live on Lily Pond Ln. I love the name of that street, it just sounds to charming. Our neighbors included Jon Bon Jovi and farther down the street is Martha Stewart. I never had the chance to see Martha Stewart but I did have the chance to meet and actually go to Bon Jovi's house. Jon, we became fast friends and are now on a first name basis, has 4 kids and the 2 youngest are 4 and 6. The youngest came over one day with his nanny looking for Will but he wasn't there so when he did get home the 4 and 6 year old came over for a playdate. I was so excited, probably more than Will, he really doesn't understand who their dad is. The nanny is very nice and we hit it off pretty well. If you want to know anything about a family, just ask the nanny. We had a great time and made plans for the next day. The following day we went over to their house and went swimming. Yep, that's right I got to swim in Jon Bon Jovi's pool. I didn't actually meet Jon until later and it was only briefly. I met his wife and she was very nice and completely down to earth. The kids were great too. I didn't get a chance to meet the oldest 2 but I heard good things about them. Okay, okay I'll admit it, I am not on a first name bases with Jon Bon Jovi but I did get to see him. It was the closest I have come to a celebrity.
One day towards the end of the summer we had a lemonade stand and all the proceeds went to the Food Allergy Initiative. While we were outside doing the lemonade stand, Russell Simmons went by on his bike with his wife and daughter. You may not know who he is but he is big in the music industry and his brother is Rev Run from Run's House on MTV. If you saw his face you may recognize him. I have never made so much money for a charity. We made almost $3000 for selling lemonade and some baked goods. We got one check for $1000. It was crazy! People would give us $100s and $50s and say keep the change. We did have some really good baked goods, I made or helped make about half of the baked goods.
So, that was my life in the Hamptons. Nothing too exciting. I spent most of my days reading. I read part of the Twilight series again and read Breaking Dawn and loved it!! I also started and finished the whole Harry Potter series. I read that series in less than 2 weeks. I also loved that series and I am now a Harry Potter fan. I have also watched all of the movies that have come out and can't wait for the final two movies. I was happy to experience the Hamptons but I am very happy to be back in the city. I have some pictures of the Hamptons but my pictures are so messed up right now. I really need a picture organizer! I have taken thousands of pictures within the last year and they are EVERYWHERE on my computer, any advice??
More blogs to come about my life and things that have happened. I love you all and can't wait to hear from all of you.
XOXO,
Jeni Rudd
Go to this link to see some gorgeous pictures and learn more about East Hampton http://www.easthampton.com/index.html.

1 comment:
I just noticed today you had posted something. I love reading about the lives of the rich and famous and their employees! Keep it up!
Post a Comment