Just this last week William told me he loved me. It was the sweetest thing I have heard in a long time. I was so touched! After he told me he loved me, I told him I love you too. Then he said "I love you more than the sun....loves the....sun." He couldn't think of anything to say and then I told him I love him more than the moon loves the sun and he told me he loves me more than the tree loves the branches. It was amazing he was able to come up with that. I was amazed! He has grown so much since I have moved here. He has recently taken up photography. He loves using my camera and taking pictures, he's actually pretty good. We were at the park and he was taking pictures of random people and animals. At one point he ran up to this little dog names Chloe and was almost running into the owner to get the picture. Chloe actually sort of posed a couple of times. The owner was an older woman and very sweet and let him take some pictures. He can old a camera very well and he is very careful with it. We have had so much fun. There have been some warmer days and on those days we love to take walks and go to the park. We have the best time going on walks. That is my favorite thing to do with him. We play games and we talk and have a blast. I can't wait for spring to come. We have warmer days and then it will be cold again. I just want it to get warm so we can do more outside. I have loved the cold weather but I am ready for warmer weather now. So it snowed a lot a few weeks ago and we had a play date with a couple of his friends from his class and we went and had a snow ball fight. The nannies had just as much fun, if not more than the kids. It was great. I got some great pictures.

Snow plowing the sidewalks. This was taken in front of The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
I love this picture with the snow just lying on the tree branches. I think it it beautiful!
That is William on the left and his two friends Morris and Zachary. Afterwards they ran to their nannies and threw those huge snowballs at them, it was great.
That has been the only real snow storm since I have moved here. I have never really played in freshly fallen snow, it was so much fun. Later that day it was already wet and nasty, the next day was just horrible and slushy.
So I think I may have written this earlier but I am going to Disney World this Saturday. I am actually going to Disney World for work, who does that? I love my job!! It will not be as fun as would have been with my family but I am very excited. We are staying at a great hotel right near the Magic Kingdom and we have a personal guide during our time at Disney World. I didn't even know Disney had personal guides while you were there. I can get used to this new world, although my mom has already informed me when I get home, I will not have someone to cook for me, open my car doors, take the garbage out, etc. But I will have my family back and that will be enough. I will try and write again shortly after my trip.
Church is great. I wrote earlier that I was called as a FHE chair. We haven't had any great turn outs and my partner is a little unreliable. He had great ideas and is great when he is there but that's if he is there. We just got a new bishopric this last Sunday and I am so excited about it. The weird thing is, that I was walking to church thinking that I really haven't connected with the bishop or really like him. He always seemed a little too good for people, I know I shouldn't say anything negative about bishops, maybe I just didn't know him well. His wife is really nice and she always said hi to me every week. I don't ever recall him saying hi or introducing himself. My favorite counselor stayed and I am very excited about that. The other counselor is from the family ward that meets before us and I have met his wife before so I am happy about the change. I am excited about this new change. I met my home teacher a few weeks ago and I am excited to get to know him more. He works just a couple blocks from where I live and he recommending some nice/cheap places to eat. He seems very nice.
So I have met some great people here but I seem to meet the ones that are going home soon. Aly was here for an internship working for some fashion designer and she left about a month ago after her internship ended and went back to Ohio. And now, my closest friend since moving here, Becca is leaving to go back to Utah. She is also a nanny and he boss has made things a little difficult for her and has been extremely unhappy. She was also asked by one of her professors at BYU to help with a pamphlet for teens that have been sexually assaulted, which is part of her major and it starts the end of April. We are planning to go to Palmyra and Niagara Falls before she leaves. I can't wait to go again and see it during the spring. It will be a wonderful time to go.
Like I said earlier, everyday I feel more and more comfortable. I feel like this is my home but I am always is awe that I actually live here. It is sometimes so surreal. I look at these buildings all around me, walk through Central Park, walk down Fifth Ave, Madison Ave, Broadway, see all these famous places and I never would have thought I would see this places in my life and now I am living minutes from all of these places. It is a dream. I miss my family more than anything. On my days off it is nice to have a break to sleep in and get somethings done but it is bad because I have time to think about home and my family and friends and get extremely homesick. Today has been such a day, so hello to all my family and friends, I miss you tons and I love you even more. Hope all is well.
XOXO,
Jeni

No comments:
Post a Comment