Hello everyone. I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Mine was great! I was able to go home for Christmas. I arrived in Arizona on Christmas Eve and I left the morning after Christmas. I had a great time with my family.
Christmas Eve
I went to lunch with most of my family on Monday shortly after landing. After that I went shopping a bit with my family. I got a little bonus from work so I got my first IPod and I am still trying to figure it all out. Christmas Eve was great I was able to wrap all my presents and get some much needed rest. My family and I went out for dinner to one of my favorite restaurants, Texas Roadhouse. Oh and I got to drive my car everywhere. I miss driving, here everyone else does the driving. And I miss my car. After dinner my parents, Chris and I went to see National Treasure. It was good, I would recommend you to go see it. That night some of my friends came over for a while but I soon had to ask them to leave because I was so tired. One of my friends, I won't mention any names, told me I looked like I was going to die because I was so tired. I was up half the night before getting ready to leave and getting to the airport so I had a good excuse.
Christmas Day
Christmas morning was just like all the other Christmas mornings, except that I knew I would be leaving soon. I didn't get a lot of presents to open because most of the presents my mom and dad got me were things I took with me to New York. I did get a new necklace and earrings which I absolutely love from my mom and dad. One of the all time best gifts that I have ever received has to be my calendar with pictures of my nephew and me doing the things we loved to do most, like go to the zoo and Amazing Jakes. It was amazing. Now I can just look up at my calendar to see him. No offense to the rest of the family but Cooper is the number one person I miss. There are so many changes and new adventures that he will be experiencing this next year, including a new brother or sister. I can't wait for a new niece or nephew. I can still spoil them across the country. :) After opening our presents at my parents house we went over to my sister Courtney's house to have breakfast, somewhat of a new tradition in our family. I love spending time with my family. It was as if I was never really gone. Granted I have only been away for a few weeks but it feels like it has been a lot longer than that. After breakfast everyone went our separate ways, I went home to take a nap. That night we had dinner at my parents house. I love my mom's cooking! It was one of the most amazing dinners I have had in a long time. I miss my mom's cooking. Especially tonight when I am having Macaroni and Cheese. yum yum! After dinner I said good bye to my sisters and their husbands and Cooper. It wasn't as hard this time to say goodbye. I think knowing what New York is like helped and knowing it isn't that hard. I am planning on going home in a couple of months, so that will be nice. That night I had to pack everything up and take some things that I wasn't able to take with me last time. Let's just say I have a lot of stuff, too much stuff and I am an over packer. I was happy I didn't receive a lot of presents, I had no where to put them.
Day of Departure
Wednesday morning when I left I went to breakfast with my parents and Chris and then they took me to the airport and I left to go back home. It is weird, I feel like I have 2 homes, because this is my home now but Mesa will always be home no matter where I go. Well, I hope you all have a Happy New Year! Think of me when you see the ball drop from Times Square. Goodbye for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment