If any of you have seen August Rush then you know about the NY Philharmonic in the park. They have free concerts in the park during the summer on the great lawn. The ward was having FHE there one of the nights they were playing. Funny story about this night...
I was running extremely late to get to the concert. I was supposed to meet my visiting teacher there for a little dinner before the concert and I was trying to get there on time. I rarely get lost but I got lost in the park this time. I had gone to Sheep's Meadow instead of the Great Lawn (these are the two large grass areas in the park). When I realized I went the wrong way I headed straight for the Great Lawn. When I arrived at the Great Lawn I was stunned to see how many people were there.
I had been to Coney Island before but I only went to the beach, not to the amusement park. Well, I went back with a friend and we went on the famous Cyclone Roller Coaster at the amusement park. It was the wildest ride ever. For those of you who may not know about Coney Island, it is not really an island just a famous part of Brookyln with an amusment park, ball park, and the beach. It is getting really old and is probably going to be torn down soon with a small possiblity of re opening but the chance it slim, they may just build more apartment buildings.
This was my elbow 3 days after my wild ride on the Cyclone. The lap bar had a pad on it but right where my elbow kept hitting was all metal. I couldn't keep it up, the pressure was too much. It hurt for about a week after the ride.
MLB All-Star Parade-July
If you are a baseball fan or even just watch the news than you know that the All-Star game this year was making history. It is the final year for Yankee and Shea Stadium here in NY. Yankee Stadium has made so much history that they felt they needed to have the All-Star game there before the stadium was taken down. I unfortunately did not go to the game, I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars just to sit on in the nose bleeds. I did get to go to the Fan Fest the week prior while Robin Winder was in town and I did get the chance to go to the parade and see so many hall of famers that I had only heard of until now. Below are the picture.
The cars road down 6th Avenue on the red carper
Yogi Berra and Whitey Ford
Tony Gwynn
Cal Ripken Jr
He is pointing at this guys on top of a phone booth directly behind me. He caught the attention of a lot of the players.
Apparently Derek Jeter needed bodyguards. Nobody else got this treatment.
Again they are looking at the guy on the phone booth.
This is my favorite Mets player.
David Wright, 3rd Baseman, #5. He has my favorite number and he's pretty cute.
So, that was part of June and July. I still have so much more to write about and I am hoping to get semi caught up this week. We will see what happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment